As pets age they require more frequent wellness appointments to manage their care. At Glenwood Pet Hospital, pets seven years and older are deemed senior pets. We can provide quality senior pet care tailored to maintain your pet’s quality of life through early detection, pain management, and physical examinations.
Schedule your senior pet’s next appointment today at Glenwood Pet Hospital!
Dog Years vs. Human Years
7 dog years = 44 – 56 years
10 dog years = 56 – 78 years
15 dog years = 76 – 115 years
20 dog years = 96 – 120 years
Cat Years vs. Human Years
7 cat years = 54 years
10 cat years = 63 years
15 cat years = 78 years
20 cat years = 97 years
Compassionate Senior Pet Care in Erie, PA
We recommend scheduling annual wellness appointments to preserve your pet’s well-being. Your veterinarian will perform a full physical exam to assess your pet’s health and perform lab testing to check for any indication of disease or illness. Just like humans, older pets become more vulnerable to serious illness or diseases such as:
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Particular types of cancer
We can also provide dog and cat pain management to ensure your pet is comfortable and continues to live a happy and healthy life by your side.
- Providing rugs to help your pet walk across slick floors, or ramps to reach raised furniture such as beds or couches
- Creating opportunities for regular exercise to help enhance your pet’s mobility, improve their mood, and stop weight gain
- Purchasing comfy bedding to provide an optimal spot for resting
- Feeding age specific diets to meet all your senior pet’s nutritional needs
- Supervising your senior pet closely for any variation in their typical behavior (eating, drinking, sleeping, bathroom routines) as they may indicate a change to their health